According to Neighborhoodscout.com, Baltimore saw more than 29,000 property crimes last year alone, including burglary, larceny, theft, motor vehicle theft, arson, shoplifting, and vandalism. Is your business safe? What can you do to make it safer? The answer: Lighting! According to the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), “the single most important CPTED (Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design) security feature is lighting.”
- Parking Lot Security Lighting: In a previous blog post, we outlined the benefits of parking lot security lighting. Between 2004 and 2008, more than 10% of ALL property crimes occurred in parking lots or parking garages. Wow!
- Commercial Flood Lighting: When it is properly installed, commercial flood lighting can provide safety, security, and attract customers to your business. That’s what we like to call a win-win! The National Sheriff’s Association recommends that every entrance (including windows) to your building should be well-lit to discourage criminal activity. The easiest way to accomplish this is with commercial flood lighting.
“Good lighting deters crime and produces a more secure atmosphere,” according to the DOJ.
Baltimore Commercial Flood Lighting
When it comes to commercial flood lighting, TriStar Electric can make sure your business is properly lit, without using harsh and glaring lighting solutions. We have installed thousands of commercial flood lighting systems throughout Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Northern Virginia and are familiar with the codes, laws, and regulations that regulate this type of lighting.
Additional Benefits of Commercial Flood Lighting
- The right lighting can illuminate your business and help you attract customers.
- Proper lighting can greatly increase safety and reduce trip and fall hazards at night. After all, the last thing you need is a lawsuit.
- Because of the added safety these lights provide, the will give your clients and customers a peace of mind that is second to none. People just feel safer in a well-illuminated area.
- And More!
If you have any questions about the installation of Commercial Flood Lighting in Baltimore, please contact TriStar Electric by calling 410-799-5791 or 301-384-8880 or fill out the contact form on our website. Our electricians can provide you with a competitive quote that covers every stage of the process – from installation to final testing.