Did you know that more than 40,000 of the house fires that happen every year in the United States can be attributed to faulty electrical wiring? Since we have more electronic devices than ever, it is putting more strain than ever on our homes’ electrical systems. This becomes more of a problem the older the home gets. If you suspect it may be time to replace your electrical wiring, call the experts at TriStar Electric today to schedule your inspection!
How to Know when it’s Time
- How old is your house? If it’s over 30 and has never had the wiring updated, it’s time to schedule an evaluation.
- Is the breaker tripping frequently? That’s a sign that you’re trying to use more power than your current electrical system can handle. We all have lots of electronic devices in our homes, and all those things require power in order to function.
- If you find yourself needing extension cords or other devices with multiple plugs, it’s likely that you don’t have enough outlets in your house.
- If your lights flicker or dim when you use another appliance, it can mean that your wiring is worn out or your system can’t handle the power demands.
- Staining on or around your outlets can be indicative of power surges and is a huge fire hazard.
Benefits of Upgrading from Aluminum to Copper
From the mid-1960s through the early-70s, aluminum wiring was used by many companies when building. It was the less expensive option by far, however, it was later discovered that aluminum wiring is not a safe option. Since the 1820s, copper wiring has been used for electrical wiring for many reasons:
- It’s easily malleable and can bend and twist to fit whatever is necessary.
- Copper is the best conductor of all the non-precious metals. Coincidentally, this also makes copper a great metal for pots and pans!
- Copper doesn’t rust. Even in adverse conditions, it stays strong for as many as 40 years and sometimes even more!
For ALL of Your Residential or Commercial Electrical Needs, Call TriStar Electric!
No matter the job, big or small, the professionals at TriStar Electric will be happy to discuss your project and answer any questions or concerns you may have. We offer free in-home consultations, plus an after-hours and emergency phone line for advice or service!
If you have any questions about our electrical repairs or upgrades, please contact TriStar Electric, Maryland’s premier residential and commercial electrician, by calling 410-799-5791 or 301-384-8880. Or, you can fill out the contact form on our website.
Are you looking for a quality electrician in Maryland, Washington DC, Southern Pennsylvania, or Northern Virginia? Take a look at TriStar Electric’s online reviews and ratings on Angie’s List, Yelp, Google, Facebook, Better Business Bureau of Greater Maryland, and Better Business Bureau Greater Mid-Atlantic. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and YouTube!